The Orthodox Church is dedicated to Saint Martyr Georgije (George). It was built in the style of late classicism, while three towers, a symbol of the Holy Trinity, were built in baroque style.
The building of the church began in 1851. The main craftsman was Andrija Šmaus, and his assistant was Mita Somborski from Bečej. It was finished in September 1858. The object is a one-nave building with five-sided apse and the accentuated flank side choir space. The main entrance is emphasized by an open porch with four tall columns that support a triangular tympanum. The door is reached by a unitary staircase. Two side turret-towers have a baroque-profiled copper tops. Shaped and articulated in this way, this orthodox church object remains as an example of the composing of the elements of baroque-eclectic language of architecture.
In the riots in 1848 the former orthodox church in Bečej was demolished.
The iconostasis of the Saint George's Church is adorned with 63 icons. It was built in baroque style and finished by a Vienna craftsman Kistner in 1868 and the gold plate was done by a Vienna artist Jarai. The icons were painted by a famous painter Uroš Predić from 1889 to 1893. They were placed in the iconostasis within two years. It is interesting to mention that that the painter organized an exhibition of them before they were placed in the iconostasis and that was the first exhibition in Bečej. The icons were restored in the period 1930-1931 by the artist himself. In 1972 the church was restored again and at that time the part of the roof construction was replaced.